Behavioral Interviewing: Hire the Right People, With the Right Skills, For the Right Position
DateJan 21, 2022
Time13:00 PM EST
Does your interviewing process consist of proven practices or just a hodgepodge of activities that get into gear when someone says, “I need more people” or “Sally has left, and we need someone to take her place NOW?”
The effectiveness of your interviewing process impacts the effectiveness of the organization. A new hire that does not fit the position will be difficult to develop, will perform poorly and more likely leave resulting in the need to repeat the process. Only when interviewing is approached as a specific methodology with definable steps and measurable results can it be managed to ensure the hiring of quality people.
Smart hiring is more than posting requisitions, screening, and talking with the candidates, checking references, making an offer, etc. It is a series of specific interviewing principles and techniques that can bring in top talent rather than lead to poor hires. The topics to be covered are:
· Fine-tune Your Shopping List
· Focus on Behavioral Interviewing
· Develop Questions to Assess KSA’s
· Use a Rating Scale & Guide
The focus of this webinar is to help companies maximize their hiring efforts as well as helps managers and recruiters enhance their interviewing effectiveness.
· Develop a position profile – A multi-functional job description tool for recruitment and smart interviewing.
· Create behavioral interview questions that go beyond the resume to assess a candidate’s capabilities and experience.
· Produce an interviewing guide with key questions and tips to ensure hiring the right person for the position.
· Ask the right questions to get applicants to speak openly while avoiding inappropriate and illegal questions.
· Avoid the 5 top interviewing mistakes that hiring managers and recruiters make – even experienced ones.
· Develop selection criteria and rating system to ensure your organization will not hire round pegs to fit into square holes.
· Learn to avoid early judgments. First impressions can make an impression, but it can be the wrong impression
Benefits For Attending:
Have you ever hired
someone who did not live up to expectations? Are you selecting too many round
pegs to fit into square holes? The interview process should determine if there
is a match between the individual and the position. Furthermore, a good process
allows you to understand the applicant's behaviors, values, motivations, and
qualifications to ensure a good fit for the job and the culture. In this
webinar you will learn the essentials of behavioral interviewing: hiring the
right people, at the right time, with the right skills, for the right position.
Who Should Attend:
· All Employers
· Business Owners
· Company Leadership
· Vice President
· Chief Learning Officers
· HR Professionals
· Project Managers
· Operation Managers
· Team Leaders
Ask your question directly from our expert during the Q&A session following the live event.
She has 25 years of management, business consulting and international experience in a variety of industries including health care, financial services, oil and gas, manufacturing, insurance, pharmaceuticals, hospitality, government, and nonprofits.
She brings an expertise in strategy and alignment; social and emotional intelligence; executive and team leadership; employee engagement and innovation; personal and organization change management.
She has been selected one of LinkedIn Profinder’s top coaches for 2017-18-19.
1.0 HRCI Credit Hours (Applied)