Employee Expense Reimbursements Update 2023
DateMay 26, 2023
Time13:00 PM EST
Handling and processing employee expense reimbursements can be challenging enough, but to make sure that the expense program is in compliance with IRS rules to ensure that the plan remains a nontaxable event can be overwhelming. This webinar will give the tools needed to be a expert at insuring that your expense plan is considered an accountable plan and help you avoid the common mistakes made that can make employers have to withhold taxes on such reimbursements. We will also review special concerns such as electronic methods, frequent flyer miles and spousal travel concerns. A brief discussion on per diem will be discussed as well.
IRS expense reimbursement requirements-
· Expense requirements
· Accountable Plan vs. Non-Accountable Plans
· Accountable plan rules - how they apply to employee travel and expense reimbursements
· How employee business expenses made under accountable plans can be excluded from an employee's gross income
· Daily Transit Expenses
· Web Based Expense Plans
· Per Diem Plans and IRS approved methods
· Taxation Concerns
· How employee expense reimbursements should be run through payroll or accounts payable
· The accounting issues associated with the use of per diems
· Special Expense concerns such as Spousal Travel & Frequent Flyer Miles
Why Should you Attend:
· Will give best practices on how to handle employee expense reimbursements.
· Discuss and review the different IRS approved methods from Per Diem to Accountable and non-accountable plans.
· Discuss details of electronic based reimbursement programs and requirements the IRS has for them
· Review of special travel situations such as spousal travel & frequent flyer miles
Who Should Attend:
· All Employers
· Business Owners
· Company Leadership
· Compliance professionals
· Payroll Administrators
· Accounting Professionals
· HR Professionals
· Employers in all industries
· Small Business Owners
· Large Business Owners
Ask your question directly
from our expert during the Q&A session following the live event.
Dayna is currently the Director of Payroll Operations at a major medical center in Chicago. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 17 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell, she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association.
She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures. Dayna is no stranger to teaching she has taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and at the Arizona State Payroll Conference. Topics including Payroll Basics, Global/Cultural Awareness, Immigration Basics for the Payroll Professional, Multi-State and Local Taxation and Quality Control for Payroll, International and Canadian payroll. Dayna has her CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA.
She also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the National Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA Local tax subcommittee). Dayna has received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA. Besides her payroll accomplishments Dayna is certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
1.0 HRCI Credit Hours