New Multi-State Workplace Regulations for 2021
DateApr 30, 2021
Time13:00 PM EST
Many Employers do not realize that the changes in their state regulations have an impact on state specific and multi-state locations and especially with remote employees. Now more than ever Employers, Leaders, HR professionals, and Managers need to be prepared for the changes that impact employees and communicate changes to employees. Training is the best method to keep track of workplace changes and how to create an effective risk management strategy. At this time over 35 states have workplace changes. It is critical to be informed since ignorance is no excuse for non-compliance.
Labor research has proven that Employers have a delay in implementing new regulations and adding it to Employee Handbooks or stand-alone policies. Moreover, new regulations go hand in hand with employee handbook and standalone policies updates. As a compliance officer, I am always providing support to Employers and professionals and see what the gaps are when protecting employees. Federal, State, and local regulations have an impact in maintaining workplace compliance and Employers need to be aware that when Federal, State and Local regulations clash the regulations with the most benefit for the employees supersedes. That is why it is important to be aware and follow all workplace regulations.
More changes in regulations were passed in July 2020 and more expected in 2021 in different states and Employers must ensure they are ready to accommodate the regulations that have changed in those states.
What Will You Learn?
· What Federal regulations are in place for 2020?
· What State regulations have been in place since January 1, 2020 and Employers were not aware?
· What regulations have been implemented in July 2020 & 2021 and in which states?
· What states have had the most changes in employment regulations?
· What are the regulations with the most fines?
· What regulations are the most consistent across all changes?
· What regulations must be added to Employee Handbooks or stand alone policies to ensure workplace compliance?
· What Employee centric (employee friendly) regulations are consistent with certain states?
· What Employer centric regulations are consistent across states?
· Learn how Employers and HR Professionals can prepare for the changes coming
· What fines and penalties are at risk if multi-state regulations are violated?
· What regulations are tending:
· COVID-19 Regulations
· Salary Ban restrictions
· Ban the Box Restrictions
· Classification restrictions
· Paid Leave changes
· Family Sick Leave
· Pay Equity
· Sexual Harassment Training Requirements
· Hair Discrimination
· Non-compete restrictions
· Marijuana pre-employment restrictions
· Lactation Regulations
· Transgender Protection.
· This training will provide a risk management strategic plan to reduce compliance violations by enhancing the knowledge and resources to the attendees on how to maintain updates to the multi-state regulations.
· Gain knowledge of how regulatory agencies impact multi-state law
· Learn how to mitigate and maintain all the changes in multi-state regulations
· Learn how to manage the multi-state laws in your employee handbooks
· Learn how to identify the employee centric and employer centric states
· Learn how to identify the many multi-state regulations
· SHRM Recertification PDU Credits
· Free customized compliance tools in the form of guides, templates, policies, and toolkits
· Additional HR Compliance Supplemental Slides
· Free answer to all questions even after the training ends
What Will You Achieve?
Attendees will have an overview of the trending multi-state regulations and the impact to Employers and professionals. They will also learn how to manage the multi-state regulations and how to access resources that will assist them in mitigation.
Who Should Attend?
- All Employers with multi-state locations
- Employers with remote/telecommuting employees in multi-state locations
- Business Owners
- Company Leadership
- Compliance professionals
- Payroll Administrators
- HR Professionals
- Employers in all industries
- Small Business Owners
- Large Business Owners
Margie Faulk is a senior level human resources professional with over 15 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Advisor for HR Compliance Solutions, LLC, Margie, has worked as an HR Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public, Non-profit sectors and International compliance. Margie has provided small to large businesses with risk management strategies that protect companies and reduces potential workplace fines and penalties from violation of employment regulations. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s area of expertise includes Criminal Background Screening Policies and auditing, I-9 document correction and storage compliance, Immigration compliance, employee handbook development, policy development, sexual harassment investigations/certified training, SOX regulations, payroll compliance, compliance consulting, monitoring US-based federal, state and local regulations, employee relations issues, internal investigations, HR management, compliance consulting, internal/external audits, and performance management.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the
HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from the Society
for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate
Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
1.5 SHRM-CP Credits